In 1911, the Donaldson house, built at 4600 Lindell Boulevard in 1895, was purchased for the stately sum of $40,000 to become the permanent home of The Saint Louis Woman’s Club. At the time, Lindell Boulevard was the premier thoroughfare of St. Louis, it was the major artery linking Grand and Skinker Boulevards. There could not have been a more appropriate address for The Saint Louis Woman’s Club.
The décor of The Saint Louis Woman’s Club reflects the good taste and generosity of its members. Its furnishings were mainly an eclectic assemblage of pieces dating from 1850 to 1910. Its collection includes many revivals of Rococo, Renaissance, Greek and Louis XV and XVI styles.
Now in its second century, The Club continues to serve its members with myriad opportunities for learning about our community and its institutions and the pursuit of literature, science, and art, serving as a classroom, meeting place, theater, ballroom, dining room, and center of social activity. The Club is committed to moving into the future as it honors the fine traditions of the past
The Saint Louis Woman's Club offers a variety of versatile spaces. The Dining Room can accommodate a large or small dance floor, and the Ballroom has one of the largest private dance floors in St. Louis as well as a beautiful stage and marvelous acoustics for music, speakers, or performers. There are two grand pianos in the Clubhouse.
Several additional rooms can provide intimate settings for smaller meetings, luncheons, teas, or parties.
The Saint Louis Woman's Club | 4600 Lindell Boulevard | St. Louis, MO 63108